How to Update Drivers on Windows?
Computer sound not working all of a sudden? Wireless network connection dropping all the time? Constant blue screen of death errors that almost render your computer useless? USB mouse jumping around and clicking even when you’re not clicking anything?
Then when you check the Device Manager, you see some yellow exclamation marks in some of the devices like this, indicating that something is not right with your computer.
When this happens, one of the first things you should do is to update your computer drivers, since up-to-date drivers always ensure the best computer performance.
Update Drivers with Device Manager
To update your computer drivers with Device Manager, here’s what you can do (please note that the following screenshots are taken on Windows 11, but the instructions work on Windows 10 as well):
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key and X at the same time, select Device Manager.
- Double-click to expand the category Display adapters. Then right-click the driver you want to update and click Update driver (the name of the device can be different on your computer).
- Then click Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Wait for Windows to find the latest driver available for you.
- When the driver update is done, restart your computer for the change to take effect.
- Then check and see if the yellow exclamation mark is gone.
Update Driver Automatically with Driver Techie
If the problem remains when you’ve tried the above, it’s likely that the driver provided by Windows is not the latest available.
This is not uncommon, since Windows puts system stability first, so the drivers they provide are usually older than the ones from the computer, chipset, or device manufacturers.
In that case, you should consider updating your computer drivers with Driver Techie.
Its massive and ever-growing driver database allows you to always have access to the latest device drivers that you need. More importantly, Driver Techie simplifies the driver update process, so all it takes is just 3 clicks (for Pro users), and all your drivers are updated.
To use Driver Techie to find you the latest drivers:
- Download and install Driver Techie, then launch it.
- Click Scan Now.
- After the scan, click Update All. Then all your drivers will be updated automatically without you having to do anything else.
Please note that Update All is available for Pro subscribers only, otherwise, you can only manually update the driver one at a time. To see how to manually update the drivers one by one, please check this post.
If you’re a Pro user of Driver Techie, and need our technical support to help with the driver update problem, please feel free to contact <email@example.com>.
- Blue Screen
- CPU usage
- Disk Usage
- Display / Graphics
- Driver Download
- SD card
- System Settings
- Touch Screen