[SOLVED] Logitech G HUB Not Opening on Windows
Are you also having trouble using Logitech G Hub? If it keeps stuck at loading and showing an error message, you’re not the only one. But don’t worry, there are fixes to it.
Please check the methods below and see how to get your Logitech G Hub working again.
- Install Media Feature Pack
- Update your device drivers
- Perform a clean reinstallation of Logitech G Hub
- Restart GHUB as administrator
Before we start troubleshooting, a restart to your computer and the Logitech software is recommended, as it will flush the buffer and ensure fewer bugs.
After that, let’s try the following methods to see which one resolves the issue.
1. Install Media Feature Pack
In some cases, installing the Media Feature Pack from Windows Apps & Features helps your Logitech G Hub work properly again.
Here’s how to do it:
- In the search box on the taskbar, type Apps & features and hit Enter.
- Click the Optional features link.
- Click Add a feature.
- In the search field, type Media Feature Pack and hit Enter. If Media Feature Pack is listed in the searching results, tick the checkbox next to it and click the Install button.
- If nothing is found, click here to check our next section How to install Media Feature Pack if it’s not found in Apps & features to proceed.
- Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
How to install Media Feature Pack if it’s not found in Apps & features?
If you can’t find Media Feature Pack in Apps & features, then you will have to go to Microsoft website to download and install it. To do so:
- In the search box on the taskbar, type system information and press Enter.
- Check your Windows version in the first two lines of the System Summary.
- Kindly refer to the following link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/mediafeaturepack
- Click to expand Details, System Requirements, and Install Instructions and read carefully before your download, then select your Windows edition and click the Confirm button to download the file. (If your version isn’t listed, please click the KB3145500 article link to find the appropriate Media Feature Pack for your system.)
- Once downloaded, double-click the file to install it.
- Restart your computer to check if the issue persists.
If the Logitech G Hub is still not working, move on to the next fix.
2. Update your device drivers
When Logitech G Hub is not working, one of the first things you should do is to update your device drivers, such as your mouse, keyboard, USB or any other devices you’re using, since an up-to-date driver always ensures the best gaming performance and fewer bugs.
For example, to update your mouse driver, here’s what you can do:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key and X at the same time, select Device Manager.
- Double-click to expand the category Mice and other pointing devices. Then right-click your mouse driver and click Update driver (the name of the device can be different on your computer).