[FIXED] Genshin Impact Crashes on PC
Genshin Impact is one of the most popular games among gamers, which never fails to impress with its appealing storyline, unique characters, and outstanding animation. However, it could be annoying occasionally due to the crashing issue right after launch. If your Genshin Impact also keeps crashing, here’s a troubleshooting guide for you. Follow the tips below to sort it out and you’ll eventually enjoy the game again.
- Run Genshin Impact as admin
- Close background applications
- Perform a clean reboot
- Update your graphics driver
- Reset overclock settings
- Repair corrupted game files
To start with, please restart your computer to flush the buffer. Plus, if it’s your first time playing Genshin Impact on your computer, you should check that your computer meets the minimum system requirements of the game, or you will encounter this crashing issue very frequently. To check the said information, please refer to the Genshin Impact News Page. And once you confirm that your computer meets the game’s requirements, read on to see what else we can do to sort the problem out.
Granting elevated permission to your game is always the first thing you can try when it crashes at startup. And Genshin Impact is not an exception. The administrator privilege always prevents temporary errors and bugs from running the game. Here’s what we can do:
- Close Genshin Impact entirely.
- On your desktop, right-click Genshin Impact and select Properties.
- Click Compatibility from the top, and then select Run this Program As an Administrator.
- We also recommend disabling the fullscreen optimizations. (It’s not a must but worth a try.) Simply check the option for Disable Fullscreen Optimizations.
- Click Apply and OK to save changes.
Now, re-launch the game and see if the problem persists. If so, move on to the next tip.
If your Genshin Impact keeps crashing or unable to launch, you can check if there are too many applications running in the background, as they will consume a lot of processing resources. In this case, follow the steps below to shut them down.
- On your keyboard, press Ctrl, Alt and Delete together to open Task Manager.
- Click the Processes tab at the top. Click More details if it shows at the bottom to reveal background Windows processes.
- Click Options in the top menu bar, then select Always On Top.
- Once you identify any process as non-critical, select the process and click End Task on the bottom right.
Please note that closing anything related to Windows can make your computer unstable.
Now, check if Genshin Impact works properly. If not, proceed with the next method.
Sometimes software conflicts can also cause your Genshin Impact to crash. In this case, a clean boot environment can ensure the minimum services with essential files and no third-party software interfering with your game.
To do a clean reboot:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R together to invoke the Run prompt. Type MSConfig and press Enter.
- From the top menu, select the Services tab, check Hide all Microsoft services, and then click Disable all.
- Now, click the Startup tab from the top menu and click Open Task Manager. Click each of the tasks and click Disable.
- Now, back to the System Configuration page and click the OK button to reboot your computer.
If this is not the solution for you, please try the next one.
When a game crashes, the possibility of an outdated graphics driver should be taken into consideration. Therefore, one of the most important things you should do is to update your graphics card driver, since an up-to-date graphics driver always ensures the best gaming performance and fewer bugs.
To update your display card driver, here’s what you can do (please note that the following screenshots are taken on Windows 11, but the instructions work on Windows 10 as well):
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key and X at the same time, select Device Manager.
- Double-click to expand the category Display adapters. Then right-click your graphic card driver and click Update driver (the name of the device can be different on your computer).
- Then click Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Wait for Windows to find the latest driver available for you.
- When the driver update is done, restart your computer for the change to take effect.
- Then check and see if the problem is fixed.
If Windows says that it’s already found the latest driver for you, so no newer drivers are found, then you should consider updating your graphics driver in a different way with the help of Driver Techie.
Its ever-growing driver database allows you to always have access to the latest device drivers that you need. More importantly, Driver Techie simplifies the driver update process, so all it takes is just 3 clicks (for Pro users), and all your drivers are updated.
To use Driver Techie to find you the latest drivers:
- Download and install Driver Techie, then launch it.
- Click Scan Now.
- After the scan, select all the drivers you need to update and click Update All. Then all your drivers will be updated automatically without you having to do anything else.
Please note that Update All is available for Pro subscribers only, otherwise, you can only manually update the driver one at a time. To see how to manually update the drivers one by one, please check this post.
If you’re a Pro user of Driver Techie, and need our technical support to help with the Genshin Impact crashing problem, please feel free to contact <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Now we have to talk about the overclock settings. If you’re using this feature while playing Genshin Impact, we recommend you use the stable overclock settings, as the bad ones may cause damage to your hardware, and for sure, will cause Genshin Impact to crash.
If you didn’t use overclocking, please skip to the next fix. If you did, open the overclock software and try to reset the overclock settings.
Once done, re-launch Genshin Impact to see if the problem is resolved. If not, continue with the next tip.
Corrupted game files can be another reason for the Genshin Impact crashing issue. If none of the methods above works for you, then you can use either the Epic Games Launcher or the Genshin Impact Launcher to verify game files.
Epic Games Launcher:
- Open Epic Games and select Library.
- Click the three dots on Genshin Impact.
- Click the Verify button and wait for the process to complete.
- Once done, re-launch your game to see if it works properly.
Genshin Impact Launcher:
- Open Genshin Impact Launcher, and click Settings on the upper right.
- Click Repair Game Files from the left menu and click Repair Now.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Once done, re-launch your game to see if it works properly.
Hopefully, this will resolve the crashing issue for Genshin Impact. Furthermore, you can also try checking for Windows updates or scanning for malware and see how it works. If you have any other questions or ideas to share, please let us know in the comment area.
- Blue Screen
- CPU usage
- Disk Usage
- Display / Graphics
- Driver Download
- SD card
- System Settings
- Touch Screen