Fixed: There is a problem with your game’s setup | Origin Games
If you see “There is a problem with your game’s setup. Please reinstall your game” when you try to play games on Origin, you’re not alone.
Recently, a lot of users have been complaining about seeing this error message, and it’s seen on games like FIFA, Anthem, and Madden NLF.
But don’t worry, this is not hard to fix.
Before we start more advanced troubleshooting, please try these two basic things first:
- Restart your Origin after ending it in Task Manager; and
- Restart your computer and see if the issue persists.
If the above two fixes fail to fix the problem, please go through the below fixes. Please note that just start from the one you haven’t tried before.
- Clear Origin cache
- Update your graphics driver
- Repair your game
- Update Visual C++ Redistributable
- Install Windows Media feature for Windows 10 N
Corrupted Origin cache files can cause this problem with your game’s setup. In this case, clearing these corrupted files resolves the issue.
To do so:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key and the R key together to open the Run box.
- Type %ProgramData% in the text field and hit Enter.
- Open the Origin folder and delete every folder in it except LocalContent.
- Open the Run box again. Type %AppData% and hit Enter.
- Delete the Origin folder.
- Restart your computer and see if the problem is resolved.
Outdated or missing graphics card drivers or outdated Direct X could also relate to this “game’s setup” issue. All you should do is update your graphics card driver or DirectX version since the up-to-date one always ensures the best gaming performance and fewer bugs.
To do both, we highly recommend Driver Techie.
Its ever-growing driver database allows you to always have access to the latest device drivers that you need. More importantly, Driver Techie simplifies the driver update process, so all it takes is just 3 clicks (for Pro users), and all your drivers are updated.
To use Driver Techie to find you the latest drivers:
- Download and install Driver Techie, then launch it.
- Click Scan Now.
- After the scan, select all the drivers you need to update and click Update All. Then all your drivers will be updated automatically without you having to do anything else.
Please note that Update All is available for Pro subscribers only, otherwise, you can only manually update the driver one at a time. To see how to manually update the drivers one by one, please check this post.
If you’re a Pro user of Driver Techie, and need our technical support to help with the game’s setup problem, please feel free to contact <email@example.com>.
The other possible reason for the error “There is a problem with your game’s setup. Please reinstall your game“ is corrupted game files.
Let’s take FIFA 21 or 22 for example, the first thing you need to do is repair those corrupted game files.
To do so:
- Launch Origin and navigate to your Game Library.
- Click on FIFA 21 (or 22) and then select Settings.
- Select Repair and wait for the process to finish.
By doing so, the issue should be resolved successfully. If not, please move on to the next method.
In order to run your games successfully, your computer needs Visual C++ Redistributable, which works as an essential system tool or even a part of Windows.
The error that keeps stopping your game from running could relate to outdated Visual C++ Redistributable, or when this tool is missing or corrupted.
Although Windows Updates can help you install some patches required for your games, it doesn’t always provide you with a specific patch as what you actually need. Therefore, it’s highly recommended to do it manually.
To do this:
- Download and install the latest version of Visual C++ Redistributable.
- Re-launch the game to check if the error still pops up.
If you’re using the Windows 10 N and keep getting this error when launching Origin, then you need to install the Windows Media feature pack for your operating system. Here’s how to install it:
- Click on this link to Microsoft: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/mediafeaturepack
- Choose the correct version and click on the Confirm button to download the file.
- Install the downloaded file and restart your computer. Then check if your game works properly.
So, these are what we can do to resolve the error message “There is a problem with your game’s setup. Please reinstall your game“ on Origin. We hope you can get the best gaming performance after putting in so much effort. If you have any questions, please feel free to comment below.
- Blue Screen
- CPU usage
- Disk Usage
- Display / Graphics
- Driver Download
- SD card
- System Settings
- Touch Screen