Intel USB 3.0 Drivers Download for Windows 10
In general, Windows 10 has in-built USB 3.0 drivers. That said, you can simply connect using your USB 3.0 devices without manually installing a certain driver. However, when your USB 3.0 drivers are corrupted, you’ll have to perform a reinstallation. In this post, we’ll introduce 2 methods to download and install Intel USB 3.0 drivers for you.
To start with, you need to check that your Windows version is either Windows 10 (64 bit) or Windows 10 (32 bit). Also, go to your computer’s manufacturer’s website and check if it has released a customized USB 3.0 driver. If so, download it. If not, visit Intel’s official website and download the said driver. (Please note that the USB 3.0 driver for Windows 7 is also compatible with Windows 10.)
Once downloaded, proceed with the steps below:
- Double-click to extract the downloaded zip file.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key and X together to open Device Manager.
- Double-click to expand the category Universal Serial Bus controllers, right-click Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller, and then select Update driver. (If this driver is corrupted or missing, you may see a yellow exclamation mark on it. And if you don’t see it under the category of Universal Serial Bus controllers, see if it’s listed under the category Unknown USB Device.)
- Select Browse my computer for drivers.
- Select Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.
- Click Have Disk… button.
- Click Browse… and navigate to the folder where you stored the extracted driver file in Step 1.
- Select and open the .inf file, and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
- Restart your computer for changes to take effect.
Either way, you can install the Intel USB 3.0 driver with the help of Driver Techie.
Its ever-growing driver database allows you to always have access to the latest device drivers that you need. More importantly, Driver Techie simplifies the driver update process, so all it takes is just 3 clicks (for Pro users), and all your drivers are updated.
To use Driver Techie to find you the latest drivers:
- Download and install Driver Techie, then launch it.
- Click Scan Now.
- After the scan, select all the drivers you need to update and click Update All. Then all your drivers will be updated automatically without you having to do anything else.
Please note that Update All is available for Pro subscribers only, otherwise, you can only manually update the driver one at a time. To see how to manually update the drivers one by one, please check this post.
If you’re a Pro user of Driver Techie, and need our technical support to help with the Intel USB 3.0 driver problem, please feel free to contact <email@example.com>.
- Blue Screen
- CPU usage
- Disk Usage
- Display / Graphics
- Driver Download
- SD card
- System Settings
- Touch Screen