Download NVIDIA High Definition Audio Driver Free on Windows
Nvidia HD Audio driver allows your Nvidia graphics card to transmit sound through HDMI cable. If you can’t hear sound after a Windows upgrade, then your Nvidia High Definition Audio Drivers are outdated or missing. To resolve the issue, try the following tips to download and install the audio driver.
- Update the Nvidia audio driver through Device Manager
- Download the driver automatically
- Download the driver from Nvidia
1. Update the Nvidia audio driver through Device Manager
Device Manager is where you can update, reinstall or roll back your device drivers. To download and install the latest Nvidia HD audio driver for your system, go through the steps below:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and X together, and then select Device Manager.
- Double-click to expand the category Sound, video and game controllers, right-click the audio driver High Definition Audio Device, then click Update driver software…
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Wait for Windows to find the latest driver available for you.
- When the driver update is done, restart your computer for the change to take effect.
- Then check and see if the problem is fixed.
2. Download the driver automatically
If Windows says that it’s already found the latest driver for you, so no newer drivers are found, then you should consider updating your Nvidia High Definition Audio Driver in a different way with the help of Driver Techie.
Its ever-growing driver database allows you to always have access to the latest device drivers that you need. More importantly, Driver Techie simplifies the driver update process, so all it takes is just 3 clicks (for Pro users), and all your drivers are updated.
To use Driver Techie to find you the latest drivers:
- Download and install Driver Techie, then launch it.
- Click Scan Now.
- After the scan, select all the drivers you need to update and click Update All. Then all your drivers will be updated automatically without you having to do anything else.
Please note that Update All is available for Pro subscribers only, otherwise, you can only manually update the driver one at a time. To see how to manually update the drivers one by one, please check this post.
If you’re a Pro user of Driver Techie, and need our technical support, please feel free to contact <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
3. Download the driver from Nvidia
Either way, you can download the Nvidia High Definition Audio driver from Nvidia’s official website. Since NVIDIA HD audio drivers are parts of the graphics card driver package, you can simply download and install the driver file for your Nvidia Graphics card.
Here’s how to do it:
- Go to Nvidia’s driver download page.
- Select the graphics card information and the operating system information compatible with what you’re currently using. (Let’s take Nvidia Geforce MX450 for example, you can see it through Device Manager.) Then click the Search button.
- Once the driver is already, click Download. (If a new page asks you to Download or Agree & Download, click the button to proceed.)
- Once downloaded, double-click the driver file (.exe file) and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
By default, the driver will be installed in the Express way, which means you’ll install all the driver components of the package. In the Custom option, the HD Audio Driver checkbox is no longer available. Therefore, we recommend using the Express way to fully install the drivers.
So, these are the three safest methods to download and install the Nvidia High Definition Audio Driver for you. We hope you find this article related and relevant. If you have any other questions, please leave your comments down below.
- Blue Screen
- CPU usage
- Disk Usage
- Display / Graphics
- Driver Download
- SD card
- System Settings
- Touch Screen