Last Update Date: 2021/12/15
In situations where you personally or directly provide us with your personal information (e.g. by direct email), we shall imply your consent to our collection and processing of that information on the basis that we have informed you herein what personal information will be recorded and for what purposes.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please feel free to contact us.
Why Driver Techie Collects Personal Information
Driver Techie only collects your Personal Information where it is required to provide you with the best services and products available. By maintaining an accurate customer database, we are able to send notifications via email to keep you informed about the status of your orders or accounts. These messages are essential to the maintenance of your subscription.
Personal Data We Collect and Why We Collect It
Personal data refers to any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“Personal Data”).
We may collect data or ask you to provide certain data when you visit and use our websites, products and services. The sources from which we collect Personal Data and how we use the data include:
- Data collected directly from you or your device relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“Data Subject”), and may include direct identifiers such as name, address, email address, phone number, and online or indirect identifiers such as login account number, login password, marketing preferences, social media account, or IP address;
- When you email us directly, we collect and store your name and email, as well as any information you include or files you attach. We collect this information to understand and respond to your email, and to provide you with future customer service;
- When you contact us by submitting one of the contact forms on our website, we collect and store your name and email, as well as any information you send (including your OS and system type if you submit the bug report form, and your IP address if you submit the refund request form). We collect this information in order to understand and respond to your request, and to provide you with future customer service;
- When you contact us by submitting the support form within the software, we collect and store your name and email, as well as any information you include or files you attach. If you elect to send it, we also collect and store detailed information about your computer system (e.g. manufacturer, model, devices, drivers). We collect this information in order to understand and respond to your request, and to provide you with future customer service;
- If you leave us a review on our connected third-party review website, we may choose to reach out to you by email in order to help solve your problem. In this situation, we record your name, email address and review comments, in order to help solve the problem and to provide future customer support;
- We use analytical tools, including third-party analytical tools, which allow us to, among other things, understand how you use our products, and websites, so that we can optimize and improve your user experience, as well as evaluate and improve our campaigns;
- When you use a redeem code to get our product in our giveaways, our website requests your name and email address and stores them in cookies; and
- We may collect Personal Data from trusted third-party sources such as distributors, resellers, contact centers, and engage third parties such as marketing, survey, analytics or software suppliers to collect Personal Data to assist us.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards for the protection of your Personal Data.
Access to the Personal Data of our users is limited to authorized personnel who have a legitimate need to know based on their job descriptions, for example, employees who provide technical support to end users, or who service user accounts. In the case of third-party contractors who process personal information on our behalf, similar requirements are imposed. These third parties are contractually bound by confidentiality clauses, even when they leave. Where an individual employee no longer requires access, that individual’s credentials are revoked.
We store your personal information in our database using the protections described above. In addition, we utilize up-to-date firewall protection for an additional layer of security. We use high-quality antivirus and anti-malware software, and regularly update our virus definitions. Third parties who we hire to provide services and who have access to our users’ data are required to implement privacy and security practices that we deem adequate.
Access to user information in our database by Internet requires using an encrypted VPN, except for email and drive which requires user authentication. Otherwise, access is limited to our physical premises. Physical removal of Personal Data from our location is forbidden. Third-party contractors who process Personal Data on our behalf agree to provide reasonable physical safeguards.
We strive to collect no more Personal Data from you than is required by the purpose for which we collect it. This, in turn, helps reduce the total risk of harm should data loss or a breach in security occur: the less data we collect, the smaller the overall risk.
Your Privacy Rights
You have the following rights regarding the processing of your Personal Data:
- Right to information – Right to receive information about the processing of your Personal Data, prior to processing as well as during the processing, upon request.
- Right of access – Aside from the information about the processing of your Personal Data, you have the right to receive a copy of your Personal Data undergoing processing.
- Right to rectification – We should process accurate Personal Data; if you discover inaccuracy, you have the right to seek rectification of inaccurate Personal Data.
- Right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”) – You have the right to erasure of your Personal Data, but only in specific cases stipulated by law, e.g., if there is no legally recognized title on our part for further processing of your Personal Data (incl. protection of Driver Techie’s legitimate interests and rights).
- Right to data portability – The right to receive Personal Data which you have provided and is being processed on the basis of consent or where it is necessary for the purpose of conclusion and performance of a contract, in machine-readable format. This right applies exclusively to Personal Data which processing is carried out by automated means.
- Right to object – Applies to cases of processing carried out in legitimate interest. You have the right to object to such processing, on grounds relating to your particular situation, and we are required to assess the processing in order to ensure compliance with all legally binding rules and applicable regulations. In case of direct marketing, we shall cease processing Personal Data for such purposes after the objection.
- Right to withdraw consent – In the case of processing based on your consent, as specified in our Consent Policy, you can withdraw your consent at any time, by using the same method (if technically possible) you used to provide it to us (the exact method will be described in more detail with each consent when you provide it). The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
- Right to restriction of processing – You have the right to restriction of processing of your Personal Data if: You are contesting the accuracy of your Personal Data, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of your Personal Data; the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the Personal Data and request the restriction of its use instead; we no longer need the Personal Data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or you have objected to processing of your Personal Data, and there is a pending verification whether our legitimate grounds override your interests.
The fulfillment of data subject rights listed above will depend on the category of Personal Data and the processing activity. In all cases, we strive to fulfill your request.
For the free versions, we do not and will not maintain, acquire or process additional information solely in order to identify the users of our free products and services. This is simply not necessary for the free versions of our products to be provided to you and function.
This means, when you use a free version of our products and services, you may contact us with a request concerning your Personal Data. Please note, consistent with our privacy by design, privacy by default and minimization practices, we may not be able to identify you in connection with your Product Data about your specific free products and services. If such a situation occurs, please go to your product settings and explore your options.
When we make changes to this Policy, we will revise the “last updated” date at the top of this Policy.