[Fixed] Canon PIXMA iP1800 Not Working on Windows 10/11
If your Canon PIXMA iP1800 is jammed, not responding to the printing command, or the printing quality is quite poor, one of the first things to do is to reinstall or update the printer driver.
To do so, you can choose to download the driver for Canon PIXMA iP1800 manually, or download the driver automatically, which saves you a bunch of time and energy so you can work on more valuable things.
How to fix Canon PIXMA iP1800 not working problem?
Here’s a list of the troubleshooting steps that you can do:
- Reinstall the driver for Canon PIXMA iP1800
- Update the driver for Canon PIXMA iP1800 manually
- Update the driver for Canon PIXMA iP1800 automatically (suggested)
Note: the following screenshots are from Windows 11, but the instructions work on Windows 10 as well.
Method 1: Reinstall the driver for Canon PIXMA iP1800
When your Canon PIXMA iP1800 doesn’t work properly, one of the first things we should do is to reinstall its driver in Device Manager.
To do so:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key and X at the same time, then select Device Manager.
- Click View on the menu bar, then select Show hidden devices.
- Double-click to expand the category Print queues. Then right-click your Canon PIXMA iP1800 printer and choose Uninstall device.
- Click Uninstall to confirm.
- If you see other Canon PIXMA iP1800 related drivers here, please repeat the above to uninstall them.
Method 2: Update the driver for Canon PIXMA iP1800 manually
To update the driver for Canon PIXMA iP1800 manually, you’ll first need to download it. So we first need to find the appropriate driver on Canon support.
To do so:
- Go to the Canon printer driver and software support page here: https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/
- Type the model of your printer in and hit the Enter key.
- Then you’ll see the driver download page. Click the DRIVER & DOWNLOADS button to go to the driver files section.
- Make sure you’ve selected the correct Operating System, then click the SELECT button, and select the correct driver file to download.
- After the driver file download, you can double-click the setup file to run the driver installation.
- You may need to restart your computer for the change to take effect.
Method 3: Update the driver for Canon PIXMA iP1800 automatically (suggested)
If you’re not sure what operating system you have, what’s the exact model for your Canon printer, or the driver installation somehow fails, Driver Techie can take it from here by installing the driver for your PIXMA iP1800 automatically.
To do so:
- Download and install Driver Techie, then launch it.
- Click Scan Now.
- After the scan, click the Update button next to the driver for your PIXMA MG3620, and the driver will be updated automatically.
Driver Techie automatically scans your computer for necessary information, and then finds the best-matched driver file for you, so you don’t have to do anything else other than installing Driver Techie and run the scan.
Please note that the automatic update option is for Pro subscribers only, otherwise, you can only download the driver file for Canon PIXMA MG3620 and then update it manually by following the instructions here in this post.
If you’re a Pro user of Driver Techie and need our technical support to help with the driver update for Canon PIXMA MG3620, please feel free to contact <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- Blue Screen
- CPU usage
- Disk Usage
- Display / Graphics
- Driver Download
- SD card
- System Settings
- Touch Screen