[Fixed] Canon TS6360 Not Working on Windows 10/11
If your Canon TS6360 is jammed, not responding to the printing command, or the printing quality is quite poor, one of the first things to do is to reinstall or update the printer driver.
To do so, you can choose to download the driver for Canon TS6360 manually, or download the driver automatically, which saves you a bunch of time and energy so you can work on more valuable things.
How to fix Canon TS6360 not working problem?
Here’s a list of the troubleshooting steps that you can do:
- Reinstall the driver for Canon TS6360
- Update the driver for Canon TS6360 manually
- Update the driver for Canon TS6360 automatically (suggested)
When your Canon TS6360 doesn’t work properly, one of the first things we should do is to reinstall its driver in Device Manager.
To do so:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key and X at the same time, then select Device Manager.
- Click View on the menu bar, then select Show hidden devices.
- Double-click to expand the category Print queues. Then right-click your Canon TS6360 printer and choose Uninstall device.
- Click Uninstall to confirm.
- If you see other Canon TS6360 related drivers here, please repeat the above to uninstall them.
To update the driver for Canon TS6360 manually, you’ll first need to download it. So we first need to find the appropriate driver on Canon support.
To do so:
- Type the model of your printer in and hit the Enter key.
- After the driver file download, you can double-click the setup file to run the driver installation.
- You may need to restart your computer for the change to take effect.
If you’re not sure what operating system you have, what’s the exact model for your Canon printer, or the driver installation somehow fails, Driver Techie can take it from here by installing the driver for your TS6360 automatically.
To do so:
- Download and install Driver Techie, then launch it.
- Click Scan Now.
- Blue Screen
- CPU usage
- Disk Usage
- Display / Graphics
- Driver Download
- SD card
- System Settings